Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Wagon!

So, throughout this PCOS, weight loss, become healthier, exercise journey there is one thing in common for every part: the wagon. Its hard to stay on, easy to fall off and a bumpy road almost certainly leads the way each day... Now, I can't say I've fallen off the wagon...I haven't. I've had a sickly week. Last week, I was so sick with what I've eloquently dubbed "the crud" it lasted from last Monday, to this Monday and I only got two days of "real" exercise in--much to my disappointment. This week I can breathe better, but I just feel weak and exhausted....but, a lovely friend came to visit a week early: TOM. Thanks, TOM.

Needless to say, I've been feeling disappointed in myself over things I can't really control. I'm not being "lazy" by making a conscious choice *not* to be active, I feel like I physically can't right now... for running the risk of getting sick again. I've made some really good food choices. Maintained my weight last week (no loss, no gain. But I'm incredibly nervous to see the scale this week. I just had to let it out. Being sick sucks. And even the few days after getting better suck. I'm working on it though.

Silver lining:
I discovered roasted okra!
-Fresh okra (sliced or whole)
-EVOO
-Salt and pepper

Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees
*AMAZING!*

So, here's to feeling better and keeping on the wagon! And not beating myself up for things that aren't in my control.

No comments:

Post a Comment