"Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude."
I haven't been feeling so grateful lately...in fact, I've been a little more of the whiny six-year-old who didn't get the super deluxe Barbie she wanted for all of five minutes and will forget by tomorrow. Now more than ever, its important for me to remember what I'm thankful for. Even my worst days are days some people would fight for and call their best.
|I'm thankful that this doggy didn't go to the Humane Society and that she's now 50 pounds of puppy love!|
This starts what I hope will become a weekly staple in my blog: Thankful Thursday!
I'm thankful for:
- Family, friends, and a boyfriend who make up my close-knit and very valuable support network everyone should be so lucky to have.
- Sammalamma because she doesn't care what I weigh, what I wear, or what I eat (as long as I share).
- Two legs that stand strong, run hard, get me where I'm going, and keep my feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Hope. Because one day will be today.
- Weight Watchers and my boardies, without that I would still be carrying around a small child.
- Blogs! To remind me that I'm not alone and people with more weight to lose are losing, people with no legs are running, and people with worse circumstances are living with a grateful heart.
- A God who loves me even though I don't deserve it.
- A safe and happy place to live, there's no place like home.
- Imperfect relationships, because they give me opportunities to grow.
- Finding a peace in my PCOS and weightloss journey and knowing that people love me for who I am, not how I look
- Farmers ♥ No farms. No food.
The list goes on and on...
So, here's to wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving, and hoping you remember that Thanksgiving is every day!
|I'm thankful for just enjoying the ride!|
Here are some links to my favorite blogs, starting with the one that prompted this post: