Saturday, July 23, 2011

Just Keep Swimming!

It isn't a loss and it isn't a gain.....Its a plateau!!

Ok, technically it probably isn't a plateau either, but I'm bouncing back and forth between the same 1.6 pounds for the past three weeks or so and that's just annoying. This week, I didn't GAIN from last week, and I didn't LOSE from last week...I'm actually REALLY happy about that, all things (and TOM) considered!But, it puts me in kind of a bind for my 30 pound by Christmas goal (155 sleeps away = about 22 weeks) but I will not be swayed from that goal!

What WW has to say about plateaus: http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=33191&sc=3010

--
Five ways to tip the scale
The good news: Whether the cause is behavioral, physiological or both, there are steps you can take to move past a plateau. First, strengthen your resolve to keep losing, then:

1. Increase your physical activity
This may be the best way to get the weight off, according to experts. Look for simple ways to get more activity in: Take the family (or the dog) for an afternoon walk. Park the car farther away, or get off the bus a stop or two away from your destination.

2. Eat right and write
Research has shown that people routinely underestimate the number of calories they consume daily. Keep track of what you eat. Enjoy seeing that you've stayed within your PointsPlus® Target.

3. Eat fruits and vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are loaded with a variety of vitamins and minerals and are typically low in calories. Including them at meal time will help keep you satisfied and contribute to your health.

4. Spice things up
Forgo your usual turkey on rye for a more exotic water-packed tuna with dill and lemon juice on toasted pita bread. This might stimulate your taste buds enough to keep you satisfied.

5. Get busy
Join an after-work volleyball league, attend art openings or just chase your kids around outside. The less you're in the kitchen, the less tempted you'll be to eat.
--

I had a very inactive week thanks to not feeling well, and I didn't track as spot-on as I usually do, but my philosophy really is that this is a lifestyle, and life gets stressful, it fluctuates, and frustrates...but we have to pick back up and keep trucking because that's really our only option. Once we figure out that the best thing to do is just keep swimming, the better off we'll be.

It took me a while not to beat myself up when I didn't lose, and now, I'm slightly disappointed but at this point in the game I know exactly where I need to improve and I know I have the tools to control this part of my destiny.

"I long to accomplish a great and noble
task, but it is my chief duty to
accomplish small tasks as if
they were great and noble."
- Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment