Sunday, October 16, 2011

Crossing the Finish Line

Ladies and gentlemen, I have completed my first 5k race! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!
I ran the 3.1 miles in 49:51.8 with the last 1/2 mile completely uphill and I crossed the finish line with a smile on my face, cheering family members, and cheering coworkers. 10th overall ranking for my age group! Overall experience: AWESOME.

Because this was my first race I was really, really, insanely nervous. I didn't want to finish last (and I didn't). I walked the steepest uphill climbs because I was blissfully unaware that, even though I live and drive in this hilly city, my 5k route would include.....HILLS.....I set my goal on flat surfaces at 45 minutes, so I'm 100% proud of my 49:54 considering the hills I failed to consider.

The best part?
My family was there!! Mom was there too, but she took all the pictures. Thanks mom!!

My sister made signs :)

I felt strong, fit, empowered...and I was rocking my Kardashian booty (which I love, by the way!) on the way to the finish line!

All for a really great cause! The Athens Homebuilders Association and Coldwell Banker Upchurch Realty was helping raise money to help the wife of SPO Buddy Christian finish the dream they started together.

It wasn't easy, but it was totally worth it! I can't wait for my next race and I'm looking forward to starting B210K this week!

--
It doesn't matter what you've heard,
impossible is not a word. Its just
a reason for someone not to try.
[Kutless]

No comments:

Post a Comment