Saturday, October 29, 2011

Doing Things I Love

I took a brief sabbatical (fun word!)from blogging since my last post and honestly, that was due in part to getting down on myself for staying at the same weight for a whopping eight weeks. Eight whole weeks of not losing (or gaining) in a frustrated cycle of trying to eat more, eat less, exercise more, exercise less, drink more milk, the list goes on and on...then, I remembered something! Hey, Katy, when is the last time you took your measurements? Its been a while. Soooo, I took them again:

Body Part
7/7/2011
8/14/2011
10/29/2011
Total Change
L arm
14.25"
14"
13"
1.25"
R arm
14.5"
13.25"
13.25"
1.25"
Bust
37"
35.5"
34"
3.0"
Waist
41.5"
38.5"
36.5"
5.0"
Hips
44.5"
43.5"
42.5"
2.0"
R thigh
22.25"
20.5"
22"
0.25"
L thigh
25.25"
22.5"
22.5"
2.75
R calf
15.5"
17"
16.5"
1.0"
L calf
16.5"
17.25"
16.5"
0.0"






I've lost five inches from my waist. That's almost a Subway sandwich! And three inches from must bust! That's....1/4 of a ruler! Also, I weighed in today and what's that? A 1.2 pound loss! Something I had not seen since I hit the thirty-pound mark. I literally hit 30 pounds lost and my body just stopped. Hopefully we're back on speaking terms now. 

I told you that to tell you this: it would have been so much easier to give up. To say, "ok, my body is clearly just 'happy' at this weight, so I'm just going to stop." The thing is, I absolutely LOVE working towards a healthier me! You know you're doing something right when even your skin tight UnderArmour fits looser than it did last fall. I stuck with Weightwatchers and my journey because I love it. I love the way it feels to celebrate losing 0.2 pounds and while I don't like having to do it, I love that when I gain 1.2 I can give myself a pep talk, reevaluate what I did wrong that week, and start over with fresh eyes. 

I love being in control of my life and my health, especially when there are so many other things I just can't control. I love running, even though I'm slow. I love cooking healthy weight watchers desserts and sneaking them into all my office functions. I love cooking meals that even David likes (he's lost some weight too as a result of my personal choices, not that he needs to!). I love that because I was inspired to break the cycle of obesity, I was also inspired break the cycle of debt and financial irresponsibility--both of which are running rampant in this country I love. Budgets are sexy. Hard work is fulfilling. Self-confidence is AMAZING! Knowing that I have the power to change my own life is indescribable.  

I’ve run (mostly) 50.36 miles since August 5th. Considering I couldn’t run for 90 seconds (or so I thought) I’m pretty impressed with that. I’m doing things I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment