Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Will Be My Year!

Y'all. Can I just say that 2012 will be my year? Because, it totally will! 

Today I finished my second official 5k in 52:08, which is a little slower than my first 5k but after two months without really running, I knew I wasn't exactly prepared for this race but I did it anyway. The first mile sucked. It took a little while for me to get into my groove, but miles 2 and 3 went by pretty smoothly, thanks in part to this song: Jeremy Camp--Give you Glory which I've now decided is my "power song" because it fits my pace perfectly and its just uplifting! I was ready to give up, throw up, and quit--but I didn't--and the rest of the race was awesome.

2012 will be the year I:
- Run my first 10k (5.5.12)
- Pay off all my credit card debt
- Marry my best friend (8.25.12)
- Reach my GOAL weight (NLT 12.31.12)
...among other wonderful things I can't even imagine!

I know 2012 will come with challenges, but I welcome them with an open mind...without challenges we can't grow!

"As we fall down before You
With our willing hearts we seek
In the greatness of Your glory
It's so hard to even speak
There is nothing we can offer
No nothing can repay
So we give You all our praises
And lift our voice to sin!"

[Jeremy Camp]


No comments:

Post a Comment