Monday, April 18, 2011

Reflections

Today I went for a walk. By myself. With my puppy. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I'm so scared/embarrassed/shy/silly about doing things by myself that this is a HUGE step in the right direction for me. We walked about a mile down a busy road where we live and passed strangers, other dogs and lots of cars--success! This is a big step for me, like the first time since my PCOS weight-gain that I went out and saw one of my closest friends (a couple months ago, by the way).

So, of course, after a nice power walk I needed a shower. Which I did, with my no-poo concoction, locally made soap and face wash--ahhhh relaxation without chemicals! After my shower, I was putting moisturizer (organic, of course) on my face and I actually looked myself in the eyes and saw the person I was 62 pounds ago. My reflection in the mirror was beautiful, and I recognized it for the first time in a long time and I can see and feel my progress!

This got me thinking about my New Year's Goals from a previous post, so I thought I should check in with myself and see how I'm doing:

One goal I have is to read and reflect on my "Notes From the Universe" which asserts that "thoughts become things. Choose goods ones." Its a simple email-a-day and makes a difference in the way I view my day...so its a good, positive way to stay focused. If you'd like to sign up, go here:http://www.tut.com/theclub/

Next, my goal for 2011 is to shed between 30-50 pounds. Now, many of my WW pals say "shed 50 in 2011" which MANY of them did in 2010--kudos to you!! For me and PCOS (my wieght loss journey tag-along)weight loss is a lot more difficult and unpredictable--so I will feel incredibly accomplished with 30 pounds lost in the next 12 months. Plus, this is a healthy pace...and will bring me closer to my ultimate goals for being healthy!

Finally, I'm working towards committing myself further to being an overall healthier person. The standard "drink more water and exercise more" still stands true, but I'm changing my entire lifestyle, or rather continuing to change and grow and adapt my lifestyle to meet my health needs. In 2011 my goals circulate around being consistent, disciplined and determined to keep my eye on the prize--I am the prize!! And so are my future babies, wedding, graduation, travels and dreams--I don't want all of these things are this very moment, but I will one day...and I will be so grateful for the time I've invested into myself to bring my emotional being, physical being and my health into one, beautiful, healthy place
!

I'd say so far, I'm doing a pretty phenomenal (although not perfect) job and I have every right to be proud of myself!

You're the only person who knows what's right for you. The only one. And if you already know what this is, commit to it. If you don't, commit to nothing. [The Universe]

Happy Tails! Don't forget to stop and smell the roses, and take a look in the mirror!

No comments:

Post a Comment