Sunday, June 26, 2011

A New Decade

"Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

I've officially lost 25 pounds as of this morning! That's ★★★★★ pounds of weight gone! A huge win over PCOS/Thyroid/Hormones/whatever else is wrong with me, but its also a huge win on my confidence level, self-esteem, and of course, overall health.

...then why aren't I more excited?

Don't get me wrong, I'm so PUMPED that I've stuck with something really difficult, forgiven myself when I make mistakes, and continually I see the fruits of my labor (hello, I just donated 6 boxes of clothes that no longer fit me to Goodwill!) but for some reason I feel a little disappointed to see 189.5 on the scale. Looking at it here, however, looks freaking awesome!

I think maybe its the fact that I'm still so far away from my goal...but then I remind myself that I'm 1/3 of the way to my ultimate goal and that seems totally doable. Ahhhh the roller coaster! It's been an emotional week, so I'll chalk it up to that! At least I'm not eating a dozen cupcakes a week and sitting around complaining about things I could change if I didn't spend so much time complaining (that's another quote from somewhere...hmmmm).

I guess I'm just ready for another milestone in my life!If only the other part of my life could catch up :)


"To accomplish great things, we must
not only act, but also dream, not
only plan, but also believe."
- Anatole France

No comments:

Post a Comment