Saturday, August 28, 2010

I have PCOS it does not have me!

As of today I am down 6.2lbs from 4 weeks ago and earned my first -5lbs star!! I had an awesome loss, a small loss, and two gains and those things brought me to here.

For a while now I've been a part-time vegetarian--which I love! The science behind that for me is based almost entirely on my desire to get limit the hormones, pesticides, antibiotics, etc. that run rampant in our food. I'm not saying to jump on my bandwagon, but I am saying that making a conscious effort to buy local, organic, high quality foods has made a huge difference in my life and health.

For two years (and 13 medications) I haven't been able to lose one measly pound. And now I've got 6+ gone!! That's worth celebrating!! But, above all else: I'm in control! For the first time in two years, I'm doing something good for me--working hard, mind you, it isn't easy--and its paying off! I still have PCOS, but PCOS does not have me!

I've talked a lot about eating organic, especially local foods, and how that fits into my lifestyle and why it is my choice. I'm taking that a step further now by getting rid of chemicals I never knew existed, starting with cleaning products. Again, this isn't for scare tactics--and its based entirely on a personal choice to get rid of the things that make my PCOS worse. I mean, that makes sense, doesn't it?

For now, I'm trying to keep my momentum going, but realistically, it all goes back to the PCOS roller coaster....so I'm not getting too far ahead of myself in "beating" the enemy, but I am in a far better position to keep it well maintained! It feels good to be where I am, for the first time in years I actually FEEL good. Not just well, healthy and happy. I feel GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment