Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The PCOS Roller Coaster

I've been absent from the blogging for a few days--sorry to the 3 people who read this! PCOS has been taking its toll on me this past week. The Ramsey Center was closed for renovations and I fell back into the lack-of-exercise lull. I've been exhausted this week. I'm still debating on getting a glucose meter for the days when I feel like this, so I know what my sugar is doing and how I feel at the same time. That's the roller coaster aspect of dealing with PCOS. Some days I feel great and some days I can barely get out of bed. But, I'm learning and not giving up--which I believe is the key to beating this thing!

I had a tiny gain on WI on Saturday, which I'm not beating myself up about. I just accepted it and moved forward! Sunday David and I went kayaking with Broad River Outpost and it was FANTASTIC! I calculated it up at 41 Activity Points for the 4 hour trip and I felt every one of them! That was a really awesome way to relieve some stress and enjoy God's beautiful creation (along with man's creation--daredevil drunken tricks--of groups along the way.) Trust me, way more fun sober--and as hard as it was to maneuver some parts of the river, drinking would be just plain dangerous!

I've done really well realistically with watching my WW plan and putting it into action. Tomorrow I'm going to make something called the Green Monster, a smoothie that is supposed to help with energy. I'm actually excited about it! Its basically spinach, milk, flax seeds, a banana and some ice. I'll let you know how it goes!

This was my quote today: You're the only person who knows what's right for you. The only one. And if you already know what that is, commit to it. If you don't, commit to nothing.

Words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment