Sunday, August 14, 2011

Let Me Introduce You to Some Numbers

A few weeks back, I mentioned I was starting the 30 Day Shred and took my measurements. Well, I've since decided to C25K full time in preparation for the Buddy Christian 5k I mentioned before, so these are not my 30 Day Shred results. Sorry to disappoint, I still love 30 DS, but this is close to my heart so Jillian is taking a backseat.

For a few weeks I was pretty discouraged that I was seeing -0.4 and then +0.6 back and forth. I know that's normal and even healthy, so I didn't allow it to derail my mindset, but it was frustrating no matter how logical I try to make. (In fact, at yesterday's weigh in I saw +0.4, but hey...I know what I didn't do to make the scale go down this week, so there's no one to blame but me!)

Then, I put on some pants I bought maybe three weeks ago (you know, the ones from Old Navy I got so excited about!) and they no longer fit quite so perfectly. Then it hit me. NUMBERS. The number on the scale hasn't jumped significantly (every bit counts, though!) but the numbers on my measuring tape have. I'm losing INCHES, not just pounds. What a discovery!!

So, let me introduce you to some numbers:


Body Part 7/7/2011 8/14/2011 Change
L arm 14.25" 14" 0.25"
R arm 14.5" 13.25" 1.25"
Bust 37" 35.5" 1.5"
Waist 41.5" 38.5" 3"
Hips 44.5" 43.5" 1"
R thigh 22.25" 20.5" 1.75"
L thigh 25.25" 22.5" 2.75
R calf 15.5" 17" +1.5"
L calf 16.5" 17.25" +0.75"



I'm slighting concerned about that 1" difference between my two thighs, LOL, but hey at least they're unique! Overall, holy moly look at those INCHES I lost! Is it really any wonder that my clothes don't fit properly or why I'm suffering from saggy-butt-syndrome? But hey, I worked hard for that saggy butt, I'm not doing to give up now!






"You must take personal responsibility.
You cannot change the circumstances,
the seasons, or the wind, but
you can change yourself"
- Jim Rohn
































































No comments:

Post a Comment