Monday, September 5, 2011

No One Believes Your Excuses....Except YOU

I saw this quote on a fellow WW board member's signature and its stuck with me for a few days. After a few days of not running because I was tired, my stomach hurt, I didn't want to, blah blah blah, no one believed (or cared) about my excuses except me. I'm happy to report I quickly got back on board, and this month I'm tracking my monthly miles with a group of fellow WWers using the Monthly Miles challenge. That's great motivation because who wants to put a big goose egg when the chick above you ran 13 miles that day? Not this girl! So far so good. I started Week 5 of C25K and day one (which I will repeat a few times) has been my favorite interval so far, running 5 minutes and walking 3 minutes--very rewarding!

Also, as part of my Total Money Makeover, I read this passage tonight:

When we plant a rose seed in the earth, we notice it is small, but we do not criticize it as "rootless and stemless." We treat it as a seed, giving it the water and nourishment required of a seed.

When it first shoots up out of the earth, we don't condemn it as immature and underdeveloped; we do not criticize the buds for not being open when they appear. We stand in wonder at the process taking place, and give the plant the care it needs at each stage of development.

The rose is a rose from the time it is a seed to the time it dies. Within it, at all times, it contains its whole potential. It seems to be constantly in the process of change: yet at each state, at each moment, it is perfectly alright as it is.

A flower is not better when it blooms than when it is merely a bud; at each stage it is the same thing...a flower in the process of expressing its potential.

The story of the rose is about human potential and not about being defined by what you do, but rather who you are. [Total Money Makeover, Dave Ramsey]

For me, the rose story relates to everything: weight loss, health, relationships, finances, spirituality...no one believes your excuses except you, so put on your big girl panties, plant the seed, and watch it grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment